Sunday, 24 July 2011

42. Aldgate East


Aldgate East is on the District (Green) Line.

Another area I am ashamed to say I have never visited but will be returning to.

I was here today to wander along Brick Lane and have lunch with a friend. The streets are full of Balti Houses and packed with sari wearing women, locals looking for a good, reasonably priced curry.

The streets here appear to have remain untouched by the Blitz, with the old Victorian Buildings (and much older) still standing, and occupied. Had an excellent afternoon exploring the old streets.

Spitalfields Market was closed (always is on a Saturday) but I will return to the area to take photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing an interest - please feel free to comment on my unofficial tour of the tube stations