Sunday, 5 June 2011

34. Hampstead


Hampstead is on the Edgeware branch of the Northern (Black) Line. It is the last underground station on the line to be underground - between Hampstead and Golders Green it bursts into open ground.


Hampstead is another of those no escalator stations, and as you know I am not permitted (in the rules) to exit using the lift so up I went ...


I have been running on Hampstead Heath quite a few times lately, it was a shame that today was so overcast because this point, where we always start and finish our runs, has quite a spectacular view on a bright clear day.


Today I was completing (yet) another permanent Orienteering course - all good practise for the on-going Country Park series.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you had the energy to Orienteer after all those steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're looking for underground stations with no escalators, Jane, try Paris. Some of the stations there are so deep, you get the bends when you reach the surface.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing an interest - please feel free to comment on my unofficial tour of the tube stations