Sunday, 22 May 2011

30. Cockfosters



Cockfosters is the last stop on the Piccadilly (Purple) Line. Right at the very end! Finally I made it to the end of one of the lines!

As you can see by the time I got out there it had started to rain but I couldn't let that deter me - my destination today was a Country Park - Trent Park


I visited there today to check out a permanent Orienteering course in the park. A few of the parks in London have permanent courses - I did Golders Hill Park last week and this week I practised on Trent Park, actually I only did the first half of the course because foolishly I forgot to strap my ankle up before setting off, after an hour running I could feel it starting to "tweak" so thought in the interests of being able to take part in the summer series I should retire.

The check points are on are all clearly marked on posts


And the really good news is that I can still read a map!

1 comment:

  1. Blimey, I've missed a few - you've been busy on your tube travels. Cockfosters always sounds like it's the scene for a Two Ronnies' joke :) I can imagine it's a popular one for the Tube Party theme for Fancy dress parties (Sorry am I lowering the tone! )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing an interest - please feel free to comment on my unofficial tour of the tube stations