Saturday, 25 September 2010

4.West Finchley


On my way home from lunch I decided to get off at West Finchley - its on the Northern Line (black line) High Barnet Branch. West Finchley is a lot closer to home than Finchley Central but there are no buses so I had to walk all the way home (almost 7 minutes!) I run past West Finchley when I do my long Sunday morning runs. Because it is on the overground stretch of the Northeren Line you exit at street level so I climbed up to the bridge which crosses the line (just so that I could say I had climbed out!)


The most interesting fact that I could find out about West Finchley is that it was opened on the 1st March 1933 - interesting because my birthday is the 1st March (but not 1933)

4 comments:

  1. Cheeky! I challenge you to find a more interesting fact about it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this counts as an interesting fact but an anagram of West Finchley is "Why nicest Elf?" or "Hens fly twice"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for those two lovely anagrams Jackie - think I like the second one best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing an interest - please feel free to comment on my unofficial tour of the tube stations